Finished up a baby beanie and hope it fits. Had no idea as I have no measuring tape at home (at least not that I know where). Tried it on one of the blythe dolls, which I know has a head circumference of around 27.5 cm. Will add embellishments, such as a flower, later.
Modified the free shell stitch pattern found at the Dainty Daisy. She also shares a lot more premie beanie patterns on her blog.
i’m thinking of doing this pattern next. Not too sure if it looks a bit too much like a doily.
AD’s been interested in chimeras and here is one of her latest – bird + dolphin + lion = ???
We have survived our first major children’s birthday party. I woke up with a bad sore throat but perhaps that is unrelated. Anyway, a few things I learnt:
- Some people do not RSVP, they just show up, so prepare excess whatever
- Kids do not like cake nowadays (!!??), they don’t even like spaghetti (this one takes some research)
- Must provide non stop entertainment in the form of a train of games, games, games
- Set down ground rules early so they don’t end up jumping on your bed (yes it really happened)
- Get all of them together for group photos cos they just move too fast for candid shots (somewhat, as fren says, like taking pics of dogs – you just end up with blurry photos).
- Pencil cases are a hot gift at their level.
- They love arts and crafts (maybe this only works with girls?)
What other things did I miss?
update: Fren who was present added:
- pizza may work better. and maybe cute looking pasta. With cream sauce rather than tomato sauce.
- put a “Do not enter” sign for your bedroom door the next time.
- Perhaps cupcakes or chocolate cake may be popular.