We have survived our first major children’s birthday party. I woke up with a bad sore throat but perhaps that is unrelated. Anyway, a few things I learnt:
- Some people do not RSVP, they just show up, so prepare excess whatever
- Kids do not like cake nowadays (!!??), they don’t even like spaghetti (this one takes some research)
- Must provide non stop entertainment in the form of a train of games, games, games
- Set down ground rules early so they don’t end up jumping on your bed (yes it really happened)
- Get all of them together for group photos cos they just move too fast for candid shots (somewhat, as fren says, like taking pics of dogs – you just end up with blurry photos).
- Pencil cases are a hot gift at their level.
- They love arts and crafts (maybe this only works with girls?)
What other things did I miss?
update: Fren who was present added:
- pizza may work better. and maybe cute looking pasta. With cream sauce rather than tomato sauce.
- put a “Do not enter” sign for your bedroom door the next time.
- Perhaps cupcakes or chocolate cake may be popular.